View count: 2666
Chinese Language Ability Description
A Course in Contemporary Chinese I L1-10
- Can pronounce Chinese sound & tones correctly.
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
|Never learned Chinese or learning hour under 180 in Taiwan/under 240 overseas
A Course in Contemporary Chinese I L11-15
A Course in Contemporary Chinese II L1-7
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
|Already taken Beginner I or learning hour up to 180 hours.
A Course in Contemporary Chinese II L8-15
A Course in Contemporary Chinese III L1~4
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment, and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Can express him/herself thought and make the response accurately.
- Can describe the detail of self-future career or expectation.
|Already taken Beginner II or learning hour up to 360 hours.
|A Course in Contemporary Chinese III L5-12
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe one’s experiences, events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
|Already taken Beginner III or learning hour up to 540 hours
|A Course in Contemporary Chinese IV L1-8
|- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
|Already taken Intermediate I or learning hour up to 720 hours.
A Course in Contemporary Chinese IV L9-12
A Course in Contemporary Chinese V L1-4
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
|Already taken Intermediate II or learning hour up to 900 hours.
A Course in Contemporary Chinese V L5-10
A Course in Contemporary Chinese VI L1-2
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
|Already taken Intermediate III or learning hour up to 1080 hours.
|Course in Contemporary Chinese VI L3-10
- Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.
|Already Taken Advance I or learning hour up to 1260 hours.